Yakima Basin Environmental Education Program (YBEEP) is an independent, regional 501(c)3 science enrichment nonprofit registered with the Washington State Charities Program (800-332-4483). Our mission is to provide environmental education for Central Washington K-12 public, private and home-school teachers, students, and the public; and to facilitate fish and wildlife habitat preservation and restoration.
YBEEP gratefully acknowledges the recognition provided by the following awards:
2011 WSTA Special Award of Excellence to Bob & Lynn Tuck for Environmental Education given to Washington state teachers of science and their students.
Washington Association of School Administrators, South Central Region, Community Leadership Award to Yakima Basin Environmental Education Program by the West Valley School District, May 5, 2011
Teacher Support & Student Experiences:
- Training and planning assistance
- Curriculum materials and equipment for loan
- Contacts with natural resource professionals and community resource people
- Schoolyard habitat development assistance
- Student classroom and field presentations
- Salmon in the Classroom
- Student field research and habitat restoration opportunities
- Water quality testing, stormwater and groundwater presentations & field experiences
- Natural resource job shadows and internships for students
- Carnivore education
Contact us: Tiffany Bishop, Director
Yakima Basin Environmental Education Program
200 Hawk Haven Rd.
Selah, WA 98942
Type your question or request below and it will be forwarded to our email. We will reply as soon as possible.